To My Daughter (Poem)

By Ganesh B. Dhami

I saw the swirling clouds
Hovering over the chimney of our house Too dark, too black like charcoal. So, I fear. I had a dreary vision- A pack of mighty wolves Chasing, entangling, killing And gobbling a helpless little lamb. So, I fear. I envisaged a ruthless raven Devouring the featureless innocent nestlings Growing in their nest Though they had done no wrong. So, I fear. I found a triumphant lion Preying on a little fawn At early dawn. So, I fear. I heard your little puppy Whining throughout the night. So, I fear. I witnessed a caged pigeon Wailing; for her master encapsulated Her without any reasonable reason. So, I fear. I saw a venomous serpent Running behind you. So, I fear. Dear, my little angel, I had a gloomy nightmare. Something ominous is happening to us. So, I fear.
As I scroll the news-feed of Facebook I only see the news of rape, murder, incest, infanticide and taboo.
I sometimes am ashamed on being male.
Man, these days has really turned into a beast.
You can have faith on no one.
Your nearests turn out to be demons. Be the valiant girl.
Be the dragon-lady.
Slay the malevolent.
Loves; these days are over-romanticized.
Doubt before you trust someone.
Don't just be a couch potato.
Learn some self-defense skills.

Your mamma was the black-belt of Taekwondo.
She turned on a GPS location on her cellphone when we first dated
Which she later told.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Summaries of All 12 Stories || Class 12 Optional English

Short Summary of all 10 Essays || Grade 12 || Optional English

Class 12 ǁ Optional English ǁ Model Question Set-1 with Solution