Our House is on Fire || Greta Thunberg || Grade 11 || Optional English || Summary and Exercise

 


Summary:
The given text is the speech delivered by a sixteen-year-old climate activist, Greta Thunberg, in the World Economic Forum's Annual Meeting 2019, held in Davos, Switzerland. She presented a heartfelt, urgent, and candid message saying, "I don't want your hope. I don 't want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic."

She had presented the issues of climate change in the world, in front of dignified speakers, and the leaders around the world. In the speech, she has persuaded the leaders and people of the world to take the issue with utmost urgency and start fixing it now before it is too late. She warns people with the consequences of the powerful methane gas released from the thawing Arctic permafrost, reduction of CO2 emissions, and the global warming. She also talks about failure of political leaders, people, and the media to create broad public awareness, treating climate crisis as a crisis.

In the speech she urges people to act urgently as if our house is on fire, she says, Adults keep
saying: "We owe it to the young people to give them hope." But I don't want your hope. I
don't want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic, I want you to feel the fear I feel every
day. And then I want you to act.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Summaries of All 12 Stories || Class 12 Optional English

Short Summary of all 10 Essays || Grade 12 || Optional English

Class 12 ǁ Optional English ǁ Model Question Set-1 with Solution